Personal Injury Lawyers Helping Bikers Hurt in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are almost always more severe than car crashes. Riders end up seriously hurt or fatally injured in these types of wrecks. These accidents often lead to chronic back and neck pain, traumatic brain injury, head injury, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and even wrongful death. The personal injury lawyers at Buckman and Buckman, P.A. know how to investigate and represent motorcyclists and the complexities of these situations.
Not all attorneys can handle motorcycle cases because the laws are very different from car accident cases. In many instances, we take on motorcycle crash victims that other lawyers turn away.
What Motorcyclists on the Suncoast and in Tampa Bay Need to Know:
- Motorcycle riders are more likely to be blamed for an accident than someone driving a car. You need a lawyer to protect your rights.
- Your insurance company isn't always on your side. Their job is to limit how much money you get in a claim. Your lawyer's job is to make sure you get the complete financial compensation you deserve.
- The insurance company doesn't have to give you answers unless you ask the right questions. Most people don't know what questions to ask and miss out on possible reimbursement or even cash awards.
- A personal injury lawyer with experience handling motorcycle cases will know how to get around the insurance maze.
Pain and Suffering is Different for Motorcyclists than for Car Drivers:
- Car accident victims have to to prove the accident caused PERMANENT injuries to get any type of financial settlement or judgement. Motorcycle accident victims do NOT have to prove this.
- Anyone involved in a motorcycle accident is entitled to the pain and suffering compensation that your injury caused, even if it isn't permanent.
- That means if you lay your bike down and get road rash or bruises, you're entitled to compensation based on those injuries, even though they're not permanent.
Why You Must Add Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM Insurance) to Your Motorcycle Insurance Policy:
- UM insurance covers you for injuries if you get hit by a motorist that has NO insurance or too little insurance.
- UM Insurance is not required in Florida, so make sure you ask for it even if your insurance agent doesn't offer it.
- There is no good reason not to buy UM insurance. If you can’t afford it, then you can’t afford to ride a motorcycle, especially if an uninsured motorist hits you.
Why You Should NEVER Lend Your Bike to Anyone:
- In Florida, a motorcycle is considered an inherently dangerous machine.
- If you lend your bike to someone, and that person causes an accident, YOU could be held liable for the damages.
- Let your friends admire your bike, but never let them borrow it.
Buckman and Buckman has helped countless motorcyclists across Florida in their accident cases. Fill out our free and confidential case evaluation form above, contact us at (941) 923-7700, or e-mail us.